Mall Public Safety Officers
Posted Thu, Sep 12
Director Waithe or Capt. Tamburini
Provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. Security Officers must maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Patrol of buildings and perimeters.
- Inspection of security and fire exposures.
- Special assignments.
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Clear criminal record. Must clear background check.
- State Guard license is required.
- Pass a regulated drug test (where required).
- Prior Military, Law Enforcement, First Responder experience is encouraged.
- A security officer is to be honest, alert and well disciplined as the custodians of employee and customer property and safety.
- Constant and dedicated vigilance.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to be a hands-on handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.